Updated: May 10
Regular relaxation during pregnancy has some pretty profound benefits; the Harvard Medical School undertook research on the impact regular relaxation therapies such as meditation, yoga & calming breathing techniques had on women and their babies.
They found that women who regularly took time out to relax:
1.Had fewer admissions to hospital prior to labour
2.Had a more positive mental state
3. Were more likely to go into labour spontaneously
4. Had fewer postpartum complications
5. Had reduced rates of Postnatal depression
6.Had a decreased risk in pregnancy related disease
7. Had stronger heart muscles
8. Had a more effective and powerful immune system
9.Had better mental clarity in the ability to make decisions
10. Had fewer instances of stress and overwhelm
So why not give it a try! Better sleep, improved physical health - and it just feels great to take time out for yourself to unwind and relax!
If you'd like to join our weekly Pregnancy Relaxation Group head to: